Sunday, September 22, 2013



Neal chapman blog post 4 9/22/13   
            The lighting crackled in the sky, illuminating the fog. I glace up to see if I could spot a glimpse of the moon, no luck. I couldn’t believe that I was doing this, going into the forest at night. Still my friends were there with me all the time, saying stuff like, “don’t worry, we got your back,” and, “just follow us, it will be alright”. Even with my friends there, my heart was still beating out of my chest, my eyes dilated; I could feel the adrenalin pumping in my veins.
            Let’s start back in the beginning. I was doing what I do most every Friday night, sitting in my room with my friends playing Xbox and watching TV, the usual teenage things. When out of nowhere AJ said we should go on an adventure, Kris glanced at the mediocre south park episode on TV and agreed. “I don’t know guys, it’s really dark outside and I don’t want my parents to get mad at me,” I pleaded with them, “don’t be a women, its fine,” AJ responded. I groaned as I got up, “fine let me just grab my jacket, it looks like it’s going to start storming”.
            Back In the forest my breath was hanging in front my mouth, the chill striking to the bone while I was running trying to catch up to my friends. They had run ahead laughing at me for being nervous. The darkness of the trees was suffocating, the only light coming from my phone screen. “Guys, come on! Stop acting like this and comeback,” I yelled into the darkness. As if it was a movie, lighting crackled when right when I said that. “Guys, seriously stop!” I yelled back out.  I heard whispers come back, “just follow us, it will be alright,” coming from deeper into the forest. I followed the voice as it sounded like Kris. So I went deeper into the dark, cold, scary forest.
I didn’t want to go back and just be made fun of and be called a woman. I already had a hard time making friends, AJ and Kris are the only people who I could get to hang out with me. The only reason that they did hang out with me is because I would offer my house to have parties and they could do any illegal things they wanted. I had met the two of them about a month ago when they sat next to me at lunch. I would usually sit by myself at lunch reading a book. I was surprised when they sat down but my surprise went even higher when Kris asked if I wanted to host a party at my house. I had never hosted a party before and it had sounded like fun. My parents, wanting me to fit in with kids more, had allowed me to hold a party while they turned a blind eye. It was the best night of my life, I was finally a cool kid, I finally fit in and people knew my name.
Back in the forest, I was following the whispers. The whispers seemed to never be getting closer or getting too far away, it seemed to just wander, always changing direction, not following a straight path. After an hour of walking I finally got closer to the whispers. The whispers stopped in a clearing of the woods, but there was nothing there. No AJ, no Kris, but the whispers never stopped. They just keep on saying, “follow us, it will be okay,” the whispers never stopped. I wanted to make the whispers stop but they never would. Where my friends and what are these whispers. I laid down in the clearing with the never stop whispers, “come with us,” “come with us,” “come with us,” “come with us,” “You’ll never leave”.
The women woke up, a knock at her door startling her awake. She stumbled towards the door, opening it just a crack to keep the cold out. “Miss, we need to talk to you about your son, we found him in the forest,” said a policemen “what are you talking about, he’s upstairs in bed,” “I’m sorry but we found him dead, he seemed to have wandered into the woods by himself and just fell asleep, he died of exposure,” she immediately ran upstairs and checked in on her son. The room was empty. The woman fell to her knees crying, “No, no, this can’t be”.
A couple of weeks later the woman was talking to her husband, “I had hoped that after he threw that party by himself he would have more friends, but then every night he would just sit in his room alone and talk to himself,” the man just put his arm around his wife and she put her head on his shoulder and they stayed like that for the next hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment